I am a runner, can I run each morning? Is it safe?
Yes, some locations will be better than others but all you need is a pair of trainers. We do suggest talking to the pack leader or hotel reception about the best places to go as well as taking a mobile phone, some water and letting someone else know your route.
Is it safe to travel in Colombia?
In Bogota, as in any other big city in the world, there is theft and robbery. It is suggested not to go out with a lot of cash, jewellery or valuables.
The most common methods of theft are snatching your day pack, cell phone or camera, pickpocketing or taking advantage of a moment’s inattention to pick up your belongings and run away.
GENERAL SAFETY ADVICE
- Use the safety deposit box at the hotel
- Avoid dangerous areas in the city
- Never show large amounts of money in public.
- Always wear back packs on your front. Place wallets in front pockets.
- Keep cameras in sight or on your front.
- Be aware of people offering advice and help when you have not asked for it
- Never accept food or drink from individuals whom you do not know.
- Be aware of any suspicious looking characters.
- In case a policeman stops you, never give them money or let them check your possessions. This is a method that thieves use for robbing foreigners.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash, it's better to use credit cards.